Thursday, March 3, 2011

Well, hey there!

Hey,

Wow, what do I type on my first post? I'm not really sure, so I'll begin with a bit of why I decided to make a blog. You see, random things in my mind are constantly swirling around. Not necessarily important stuff, but usually ridiculous stuff, from daily schedules to burnt-out radio song choruses, from Family Guy quotes to that peculiar remark that kid next to me in class said. In the midst of all this insignificance, I have had alot of time to think about things that are much more important to me, too. For close to 2 years now I have been keeping a journal that I use specifically for writing notes about my relationship with God and things I am learning about and how they apply to life. These thoughts are really just elaboration on concepts that already exist; a new outlook on things that have since grown stale. Anyway, my "journal" is a set of three (just started the third) little $1 notebooks that are like 80 pages each. They're flimsy and ratty but they really are crammed full of sermon notes, scripture, personal milestones, and totally out there brainstorms that God has enriched me with. Having a busy, analytical mind can really suck, but that is because I have not utilized it. God can use what you believe are your flaws and discomfort into something that can serve the greater good. I doubt the "greater good" will be seeing all of this. Heck, maybe like 2 people will ever even glimpse at this. I do not care anymore though; that is why I am just now making a blog. My very dear mentor who disciples me and has helped me tremedously gave me the advice today to blog for myself and that if anybody reads it, cool. If not, not-as-cool, but cool.  If you may be interested though, stick around. This can get pretty random.

Type to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Hannah! It's pretty fun, isn't it? It's definitely a nice way to get thoughts typed out and share them with others! :D It's a fun way to encourage others and strengthen your faith. Have fun blogging girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quote!: "God can use what you believe are your flaws and discomfort into something that can serve the greater good."

    ReplyDelete